Sunday, August 20, 2023

Post of Tamuz letter from Baltimore Beis Din - removed at the request of the Baltimore Beis Din



update: just restored the original post - see here
http://daattorah.blogspot.co.il/2015/11/baltimore-beis-din-tamar-epstein-is.html

I just received a call from Rav Mordechai Shuchatowitz of the Baltimore Beis Din saying that my post - regarding their letter that they had written in Tamuz - was insulting to major talmidei chachom and full of lies. He demanded that it be taken down and that I apologize for what I wrote. I was a bit taken back by the vehemence of his words.

I told him that I disagreed with his assessment but for the sake of shalom bayis I would take it down (disclaimer my son is married to his brother's daughter) and asked him if he was planning on issuing a more current letter? He said simply that there is nothing to discuss until I take down the post.

I sincerely apologize for upsetting him and the other members of the Baltimore Beis Din. I have in fact placed the post in draft mode for the time being. 

There is no question of the sincerity or competence of the Beis Din - but there clearly are diverging views of what is going on, goals and how to get there. However what is important is that it is not helpful to have unnecessary additional conflicts in this incredible situation - that hopefully will be resolved in the near future.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.